Air & Space Conference News and Updates:
- Official Air Force Participation has been approved; please see the full statement at the bottom of the email. All military members on Active Duty and DoD civilian personnel can attend the conference free of charge. Additionally, the exhibit hall is free and open to the public.
- AFA has secured a discounted room block at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.Reserve your room before our room block closes on August 23rd!
- The Air & Space Conference offers dozens of addresses throughout the three day event check out all the great speakers on our agenda!
- AFA, along with the Air Force's Airman and Family Care Division (A1SA), will host a Spouse and Family Forum on Monday, September 16th. More information can be found on our website.
- Free Shuttles are available from the Pentagon, JB Andrews, JB Anacostia-Bolling and the King Street Metro stop
Join the conversation with Air & Space Conference speakers, exhibitors, and attendees by using our hashtag #ASC13! Be sure to follow AFA on Facebook and Twitter to stay connected to conference news and updates!
Conference Approval Statement:
"Official Air Force participation in the Air Force Association's Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition 2013, National Harbor, Maryland, has been approved IAW the most recent AF Sequester Guidance and the 12 Dec 12 Conference Policy Guidance.Centralized TDY funding will be made available for winners of a limited number of awards and appointed council members. POC for centralized funding is Mr. Doug Benskin, SAF/AARA, Comm 703-695-3254, DSN 225-3254. Travel orders (using centralized funding) must be entered into DTS NLT 31 Aug 2013. Invited speakers and other individual attendees may participate in a funded TDY status only if local funding is determined to be available and appropriate; local travel approval authorities must determine whether individual participation at AF expense is mission critical IAW AF Sequestration Guidance.
For general questions about AF funded participation, call Lt Col Heather Meyer, SAF/AA, Comm 703-693-9503, DSN 223-9503."