“The Air Force Association is very proud to honor the commitment of these exemplary Airmen,” said George Muellner, AFA Chairman of the Board. “We salute them for their professional achievements and dedication and thank them for their continued service to our country.”
“These men and women have demonstrated exceptional leadership and performance,” said Craig McKinley, AFA President. “Each year we join the Air Force in recognizing the achievements of select distinguished Airmen. Their commitment to their jobs reflects the high standards that exist within the United States Air Force, and we look forward to seeing what else they accomplish throughout their careers.”
The program was initiated at the Air Force Association's 10th annual national Convention, held in New Orleans in 1956. The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, a general officer, and selected Major Command chiefs form the selection board. The Air Force Chief of Staff reviews the selections. The Twelve Outstanding Airmen are awarded the Outstanding Airmen ribbon with the bronze service star device and wear the Outstanding Airmen badge for one year. They also serve on the Air Force Enlisted Council for one year. For more information, contact Lynette Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-727-3337 ext. 4807.
• SMSgt. Ernesto J. Rendon, Air Mobility Command;
• MSgt. Andre S. Davis, Air National Guard;
• MSgt. Tessa M. Fontaine, Air Force Space Command;
• MSgt. Shawn J. Jones, Air Force Reserve Command;
• MSgt. Celeste C. Okokon, Air Combat Command;
• TSgt. Adam L. Gomez, Air Force District of Washington;
• TSgt. Jason D. Payne, Air Force Special Operations Command;
• SSgt. Joshua L. Hanna, Pacific Air Forces:
• SSgt. Joseph C. Senteno, Air Force Global Strike Command;
• SrA. Casey L. Anderson, Air Education and Training Command;
• SrA. Lauren A. Everett, US Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa; and
• SrA. Steven C. Hedgepeth, Air Force Materiel Command.