Since 2010, Dr. Kevin T. Geiss has been the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Energy for the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, in Washington, D.C. He is responsible for providing oversight and direction for all matters pertaining to the formulation, review, and execution of plans, policies, programs, and budgets for the effective and efficient use of energy to support the global Air Force mission.
Top 4 Air Force Accomplishments in FY12 (under his guidance):
1. Alternative Aviation Fuels:
- Finished certifying fleet on synthetic fuel blend
- Completed testing of 50/50 blend of HRJ & JP-8 and synthesis
- Began testing 50/50 blend of ATJ and JP-8
- More than 180 renewable projects in operation or under construction
- Awarded contract to develop a 14.5 MW solar project at Davis Monthan AFB
4. Won 6 FEMP (Federal Energy Management Program) awards
Registration available at http://2012octbkft.eventbrite.com/.